Reopen closed thread, please

This:

Thanks!

Should probably use the report post feature for that.

JA12 is correct. The Report Post feature is the best way to get that done.

Normally, we only re-open threads if the original poster requests it. However, since that thread was more of a general reporting thread, I’ve gone ahead an re-opened it.

Ok. I thought the thread had been automatically closed because of inactivity.
Thank you.

It was. All threads are auto-closed after a year of inactivity.

I’ve been looking around the site for this for a while. Where is the feature?

As mentioned earlier in this thread, use the Report Post feature (it’s the triangular icon at the bottom left of every post) to let the moderation team know that you want that thread re-opened.

Fweeb, what’s the reason for locking after a year? I doubt it takes up less space being locked or unlocked. If anybody comes across a thread later, they can’t reply cause it’s now locked. I know several of mine are now locked and right now I have no use for them at the moment. It seems like a pain having to constantly contact a moderator to unlock again.

I’d have to check, but I believe that archived posts used to get cached as static HTML pages, so as not to overload the database and offer those pages faster (since there’s no database look-up). I think that functionality is no longer active, but I’m nearly positive that’s the original purpose for it.