Issue with BVH (MoCap) to Blender 2.79 RC1 Rig-System "Rigify" and "MakeWalk"

Hello,

with the new Blender 2.19 RC 1 there is a updatet rig system and it seem that “Rigify” and “Pitchiboy” merged togheter.
Looks great! :slight_smile:

Not so great is, that now the MoCap data BVH with the Plugin “MakeWalk” is not working anymore on this Rig.
Someone else have this issues?

BTW. with ealier Release it also didn’t work with the “Pitchiyboy”-Rig-system.
Only with “Rigify”.

NIWO

Hi,

I’m a noob to Blender and was following along with this Remington Graphics tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFLPjVWjmCY)

I am using Blender 2.79 RC2 and I thought I must be doing something wrong because my armature was doing very strange things.

I don’t know enough about rigging to trouble-shoot. (OK, I know nothing about rigging … nothing what-so-ever)

Hopefully the MakeHuman scripts will be updated when Blender 2.79 is past the RC to a full release …

Laurence.

SOLUTION FOUND!!! F******CK YEAH!
Just hide the breast-bones in another bone-layer and use Make-Walk for load and targeting the bhv-files!

DONE!

EDIT:
Ok, I appologies, it doesn’t work on the generated rig. Only on the meta-rig.
Does someone knows how to get it to work?

Hi,

I’m new to the forum so my posts are being moderated. I double-posted because I thought the first one was lost. By the time I posted again, I had found a solution.

The solution for me was to tick all the Armature options when importing the COLLADA model / rig.

It occurred to me after reading this https://blog.machinimatrix.org/2017/03/23/limited-bind-pose-support-for-blender-279/

I keep forgetting that my posts get sidelined if they have a URL in them (new to the forum). What fixed it for me was ticking these boxes when importing of my Making Human model COLLADA model.

Hey,
I’m not understanding what your solution have to do with my issue. :confused:

I want import a bvh file with makewalk onto a rigify rig in the latest blender version.

NIWO

My bad. I assumed you were following the same workflow as me. MakeHuman model -> Blender -> apply BVH with MakeWalk.

Thank you NIWO. I have the same problem. This weekend I will try your solution.

I just tried it and it works like a charm. If it wasn’t for you, I think I’d not solved this problem myself or it would have cost me lots of time. So thanks again!!!

hello a question. I did do this on both rigs but didnt work. Can somebody explain the steps to me? thanks!: Just hide the breast-bones in another bone-layer and use Make-Walk for load and targeting the bhv-files!

Has anyone gotten Rigify (none legacy mode) to work with Makewalk, If I change to legacy mode in Rigify properties in user prefs and generate a rig Makewalk retargeting works but not with the regular mode.

I have been googling this for a couple days and nothing seems to work, hiding bones to other layers ect ect it just will not retarget