Lava Monster

This is my first model from begining to end. Please critique this model so that I can have focused improvement on future models. Please and Thank You. -Mont The Animator

Attachments

Ok, I am only a beginner, but this creature looks like it would have problems, if it tried to walk.
This area seems strange to me. Humans can cross (right verb?) their legs this one could not do it with this hip area.
Your reference image looks better in this regard.

P.S.: The shoulders look strange too.
P.P.S.: Do not hate me! PLS!

Hmmm, the sculpt is giving me a regal feel. It looks like he has a crown and a bit of beard or a mustache from his facial ridges. That, and his frown seems rather royal too. Altogether like some lava monarch.

The biggest thing missing here on an otherwise rather fun design is opposition… by which I mean one muscle having another on the other side of a bone capable of providing the opposite force. Look at your arm or leg and you will always see a curve(muscle) on one side offset against the curve on the other. They are never exactly opposite! A leg is not symmetrical, and it is the symmetry 3D just loves to bring to things that you are fighting here.