Imported model not working in Blender

I made a model in Clara.io, and exported it to Blender, but the body is gone (it’s a human-like model), leaving only the eyes, teeth, etc. I use the last version of blender that works on Windows XP, as that is the OS I use, but this model worked before (and the old model still works) with only losing multiID data, but now I made some changes, and it doesn’t work

To see the model go to Clara.io, go to the featured models page, and find “Linnet”, it is a winged human model

I wouldn’t normally answer a post like this because of missing information. No screenshots of your blender interface, and no test file(s) which is even more important. Also “last version that works on windows xp” without including the actual version in any way. Don’t want to waste time answering with questions or hunting information that should be included through registrations/login just to find out if I can learn something from it or even answer.

But I’ll make an exception because you said you made it in Clara.io and got interested enough to check it out, and because the problem itself is either in export or it’s a Blender problem with import.

And would say it’s an export problem. Clara.io says it’s making a conversion of some kind. What it puts out isn’t valid. I exported a .blend, an .fbx, and an .obj.

.blend didn’t work. Wasn’t surprised. Fbx did import

.obj was the same as .blend and since .obj is one of the simplest and oldest formats to export to, that should definitely work at least for getting all meshes in

But doesn’t. I put all vertex definitions to another file and checked the count with the line number, it’s the same as what imported in the 3D scene. There should be 20k more definitions for vertices in the .obj file, so it’s an export problem.

I got the .fbx to import and saved it to a .blend, and also enabled legacy mesh format option when saving. Maybe you can open that in whichever version you’re using

linnet_fbx_2.78.5_legacy.blend (1.47 MB)