Super Mario Mushrooms

Hey! This is just a quick project I was working on. I’m m quite happy with the results, but I would love to hear your feedback!
I made a few Power-ups from Super Mario and I hope you like it :).

Have a great day!

ZaTTTel

Hey ZaTTTel

Good job here! They are very cute!

I have a few tips for you to though:
It’s all about presentation. To sell your image, you have to think in an IMAGE.
The model you made is perfect, no comment on that.
The shaders could be more interesting though - you should play with them to get a bit more interesting result.
Let’s think about it: do you want a realistic representation of the Mario powerups? Then aim for realism: less spec on the leafs, more on the “petals” and all around SSS on the flower. Don’t use only the glossy shader, mix it with diffuse, sss, translucency. Experiment, it’s fun! Try the new principled shader in the new 2.79. It will make your life so much easier!

If you want a more imaginary approach experiment is still your tool you can go very crazy with Cycles.

Back to presentation, few tips there:
First is about the background:

I like the reflection you made on the little floor tile so while keeping it you should integrate it better into the image.
So what you upload to the “Finished Projects” section won’t look like a test render. It will look like something you thought through and believe to be finished!

2nd you could integrate the flower’s colors better into the surrounding pinkness. Either from the beginning by setting up lights accordingly or even with a crappy PS hack as I did.

Finally: these one object images are way more interesting when you make a turntable from them, especially if there’s some (simple) looping animation on them too. Try it! (there’s a cool add-on to make roundtables with one click)