Trying to model, but the vert selection is glitching out

Hey Guys!

So as the title suggests, my circle selection is glitching out. Every time I try to select verts, random verts from other parts of the mesh get added to the selection. I’ve made a two second vid showing the problem:

It makes trying to model impossible :frowning:

Anyways, thanks for the help!

I used to have a similar problem. I suspected it was because of some bug in video drivers or something, it used to only happen when “Limit selection to visible” (the icon on the header of the 3d view panel just after vertex/edge/face selection mode icons) was deactivated. I had tried to change settings in the System tab in preferences without any luck and the video drivers were up to date, but since I mostly work with Limit selection to visible enabled I just ignored it and it now went away with the new version. I now fail to replicate the issue. Maybe making sure the video drivers are up to date and updating to the newest version of Blender will help in your case. Have you tried it? If that fails, I think that should be reported as a bug to the developers. I think it has a good chance of being fixed quickly now as 2.79 is about to be released.

That’s a good thought, Blender is up to date but I’ll see about my GPU drivers, as that would make sense. Thanks!

Common problem, see if these threads help.