Convert images into grease pencil sequence addon

Hi,

So i want to make my sketches, from my scanned sketchbook or drawing apps to be converted into grease pencil sequence. Is it possible to do? It is because i want to create storymatic using grease pencil but sometimes i don’t have access to Blender. Any clues are appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

Blender doesn’t do any image conversion itself, so rasterising from a scan would be done in inkscape I guess. Then convert upon import to Blender? Like import EPS? Convert to curves, but I’m not sure about making that GP objects?

Hi there!

I’m facing a similar issue where I am working with Storyboards Artists that are using many different drawing softwares like Photoshop and as I have to maintain/Integrate their drawing into the 3D world, I was hoping I could use the strength of Blender and Grease Pencil to do so. I could redraw each of their frames but it would take as long as posing a character into the scene. I could use Animated image planes that would match with my camera movement in the 3D world but it generally looks cheap.

So I was wondering if there would be a way to generate curves or grease Pencil data based on the Black outline of the drawings if I bring in a PNG that doesn’t have Background.

What I am trying to do is to integrate the 2D drawings into the 3D world to create Cameras and have a sense of Scale of the World.

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:
Ray

You can convert them to svg and import svg files as curves with built-in addon “Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) 1.1 format”

Thanks a lot Cimco :slight_smile:
I will give this one a try for sure!

Ray