The Oldman Face - Workflow Practice

Hi! My name’s Adam Abrahamsson, and I’m currently a student from Sweden. I practiced a workflow for creating the human face in blender. I’m very happy with the result! Of course things could have been better but I think I’ll leave it at that. Hope you like! It feels like I learned a lot!

Rendered in Cycles, 300 samples with Denoiser.

For some reason I can’t add more than three images :(.
Credit goes to César Salcedo for his awesome eye tutorial, and to Kent Trammell for his Realistic Head Series!

P.S. Can you see what is missing in this part of the face? I actually might add that in later and try to create a better final render ;)!

Some more work, and BLAM!

Good work! Keep it up!

nice work I like the idea

Thanks guys! :smiley: I was really surprised when I saw my work in the forum gallery!

good job i like the bump, worth it.

Awesome! Congrats on being picked for the gallery!

Thanks guys! :smiley:

Me too. Not to say your work is bad but there are better art works here.

You’re right I’m sure, there are many talented people here! :slight_smile: I hope to once remove your doubts :wink:

I love that almost cartoonish character!
Why make a complete model if you only needed that part? Haha. Simple but very well done!. Just a piece of mesh, but very expressive. Good details on the skin: wrinkles, porosity, flushing, moles. The details with the hair are also very good.

Congratulations on the feature row!

Edit:
Oops! I forgot to comment on the eyes, is that I already knew that youtube tutorial. It’s really amazing and useful!

It’s encouraging to hear YAFU! :smiley: Thanks man!