missing scale dialog in edit mode?

When I’m in edit mode, I don’t appear to have manual Scale dialog. It would be super great to have this. Am I doing something wrong?

Nope. You ain’t doing anything wrong. It stays like that only. That scaling works on whole model instead of selected faces. So it is accessible only in object mode.

Thanks for the response. Is there a way to scale selected faces precisely? The problem I’m running into is i’m trying to do that, but when I use the widget it has to interpolate between “pixels” when I move the mouse slightly. I’m using the Measure-It plugin to try to do that, and it will jump from say 70.23 to 71.98 when I move the mouse a single pixel.

ie. can I scale a selection precisely along a single axis?

You can press s key and type a number. That will be the scale multiplier, so if you hit s and type 1.5 and hit enter your selection will be scaled to 150%. You can also type x,y or z to restrict the action to one axis in global space or if you hit the same x, y or z twice in the space defined by the transformation orientation setting selected. Same works for moving - if you hit g choose an axis by typing x, y or z and then enter a number, the selection will be moved by that number. So you can for example construct an edge of the size you need and using appropriate pivot point option and snapping target scale your selection to the exact size of the edge with snapping (hold ctrl while scale, grab or rotate operations are in progress). It’s possible to do it many different ways. What’s important is to understand that scaling(or moving and rotating even) will work from the pivot point to the snapping target whatever you set them to be. For example if you wanted to scale in diagonal direction of randomly rotated face from the center of the face or in another case from a vertex to 3.5 units you would:

That’s awesome, thank you so much!

by the way, i realize you went to a great deal of trouble with that animation, but it’s super hard to follow because it’s so fast. thought you would want to know, since you obviously care :slight_smile:

Well, it’s repeating… All the info is there… Yeah, I know… Sorry, it’s not really practical for me to spend any more time on this. This is currently the best I can. I hope it’s at least a bit more helpful than the text description alone. Only the next person who asks something might benefit from your feedback. :confused: Although, if you have any more questions, I will try to answer in more detail, don’t hesitate to ask - it’s not that much trouble. :slight_smile: