[Noob Question] How can I "save" an object/character for usage in another scene?

Basically the title.

I figure there is almost no way that I would need to recreate a character multiple times for different scenes in this super advanced program, so yeah… how do I do this?

Thanks!

You actually don’t have to extra save the asset. Just save your file :slight_smile:
Small addition: materials, textures & brushes which have zero users (aren’t used anywhere) will automatically deleted when saving. To keep these, you will have to set a fake user for them by clicking on the small f:

You got two methods to import assets from a blend file: appending and linking. Both are accessible in the file dropdown menu.

• linking is - as it says - just a link, what means: if the asset in your linked in file gets changed, it will change in this file too. And if the source file gets deleted… well you will have a problem then…
  • appending adds the material/object/whatever to your file - so this is probably what your are looking for. Just click append (or SHIFT + F1), browse to your asset-blendfile, open it and browse through the content inside of the file :wink:

Hope that made things clearer

Thanks, man! :slight_smile: