[BGMC 25] Ant Panic!

I had to expedite my development upon this game because I am super busy and so I finished 3 days ahead of schedule.

Huge thanks to my partner, BowedPath, who modeled everything in this game.

Download link is at the bottom of this post.

Made in UPBGE 0.1.8

Be sure to extract the game and the data folder from the zip before playing.

Attachments

Ant Panic!.zip (5.38 MB)

By the video, it looks very nice! But it’s crashing in my UPBGE 0.1.8 when the ants begin to attack.

Was there an error?

Nothing in the console, just ‘blenderplayer.exe stopped working’ Windows message when using standalone player, or Blender simply closes when using embedded player. I will try in another computer later.

I have the same thing. Using 019 in Win 8.1 64. Exits blender after start of music, no error in console.

I get a gpu error when I run the game in the zip but it works when it is extracted.

Edit: Might be the shadows.

Edit 2: I turned off the shadows on the lamp and my gpu seems to be liking that better. Is the error still present?

Edit 3: I still got the error half the time but I disabled shadows and extra render stuff and it seems to work now. New file is up.

Still exits blender, when turning off the shadow.

Really great game! It started off slow, but after a few waves it started getting really intense. The music also fit the game really well. Still very impressed with how well everything works.

One thing I noticed was that you can’t sell the sticky paper like the other objects. Everything else seemed bugless to me. No pun intended.

Unfortunately i cant play the game because of the upbge constraint.
upbge need to install the newest kernel, which last time installed it killed my system. So sadly no option for me at the moment.

Well if open it in regular blender and enable glsl, it should work.

Thanks. Glad you liked it. I decided not to make the sticky sell-able because it is kinda cheating to let the sticky be used a few times and sell it before it breaks.

Yeah great game. Clean gameplay and visuals. Congratz.

The game still crashes in upbge after the music starts. So i dont know if thats from the code or blender.

@Nicholas_A:
Great game. But the anti-air L2 towers suck at hitting things. You see a wall of flying bugs and you know that even though you have 4 L2’s and 3 L3’s, most of the flying bugs will make it through. Maybe I should invest in a fan. Or a wall of bug-zappers because the flying bugs all spawn at the same time. But I’ve never really seem to get the money for bug zappers. I think giving the user just a touch more money would make this better. Because of the tower miss rate (or the health of even the small ants), you don’t seem to get very much bang for your buck. I’d rather get more bucks than change the health because it’s satisfying watching lots of towers.

Great game.

Played it in regular BGE without issues.

@Akira_San:
I assume you’re running a build with AUD and FFMPEG? Otherwise audio probably won’t work.

That is when the tower selling feature comes in handy :). I do admit, the game gets exponentially harder and I could have made it more balanced but since I only had 16 waves set up, I didn’t want the game to be mostly easy and then more people could win easily.

Ok, so its not the sound. The crash comes when the tower shoots and kill an ant.

What if you put print statements in the code to try to see what part it gets to before crashing.

Nope, it look like was a bug, but fixed in master now. :slight_smile: