Gas Station

Hey, everyone. Here’s my latest work/environment. Hope You will like it.
Software used: Blender/Cycles, Substance Painter, Photoshop.
Render time: 6h30m in 4k resolution with 1200 samples.
Scene created using textures and street materials from Poliigon.com
For better resolution visit me on my artstation
For breakdown visit my

I really can’t find anything that can be improved yet here (other than a few small details on the rocks that would’ve worked better with real displacement).

Overall, a stunning image with extreme attention to detail.

Wow just 1200 samples in 4k ,photoshop etc, now i realy know i have to learn way more , amazing picture:yes:

Awesome render! I particularly like the lighting. If you don’t mind me asking, what is your compositing setup?

Impressive amount of details in your work… Amazing!!

Congratulations. Excellent job! :yes:

Love this piece! I thought it was made by Guilherme Henrique :stuck_out_tongue: Excellent work :slight_smile: It doesn’t look like a photo, it’s a bit too perfect, but in a good way :stuck_out_tongue: The compositing is amazing, and the composition is breathtaking :slight_smile: Terrific job :smiley:

Thanks all for kind words :slight_smile:
Joey Blendhead - surpassing Guilherme Henrique is my goal :stuck_out_tongue: However, He is not a common mortal man so it ain’t easy :slight_smile:
davidkollmar - If You’re asking about composing nodes in Blender - when I’m doing still images I only use nodes to save all passes as separate files (png with alpha) than I mix 'em in PS. Light here is just an effect of blurred sun, ovelayed “z” pass and cranked up contrast… sunrise (or sunset not sure) HDR map did all the rest.

6 hours of render Mindblown
No wonder it look so good!

This is really beautiful. To my eyes it looks more like an incredible painting than a photograph. I’m not sure why that is, but I like it better that way.

Absolutely beautiful.

But rather hilariously, I would have done it with an inverted color contrast telling the opposite story (ignore alien plants):

But I think your choice works better.

Oh man, i just want to pass that highway, nice sunset down there :smiley: