Best way for modeling

Sorry for my english. I use google translate for now.

So. I’m newbie in modeling and especially to Blender. I have a little experience in 3d Max, but I would call it “games”.

Now I want to model what’s on the photo below (this is a machine for self-rolling cigarettes, if anyone is interested)

I created a carcass, but I do not know how to better “bend” what I pointed with arrows?

The only thing that comes to my mind - is to make parts of the splines and connect them or modeling handle.

Can you tell me a good manual on this topic or share experience?

Model the side profile first, then you can mirror it and extrude the connecting pieces. Could use curves for the profile, change the curve resolution, convert to mesh, or just model it as a mesh to begin with.

Thanks. I’ll try it!

Model it with sharp corners first and then bevel the corners one by one for the desired profile (mouse wheel or ± keys to increase or decrease smoothness).

Leave the center as an Ngon at first so you can inset it with the bottom to create a nice edge loop that flows with all the corners, you can fix the ngon afterwards but it doesn’t matter much since it’s on a flat surface.