Female Anime Character

Hey, this is my first post on Blender Artists! I’d appreciate any tips/ suggestions on how to make my model here better.

Thanks! :3

Hi Amber,
that’s a nice work there :slight_smile:
I would just like to point out a few thoughts about the face, if you don’t mind.
First thing that jumped into my eyes were the lips, usually anime characters don’t really show any lips unless they are colored in lipstick. The only clue of lip they give is a small wrinkle under the mouth line, which gives a hint to the underlip. Anyway, I have no idea how to do that in 3D, but just as a general thought. As to be seen in the following picture.

Secondly the smoothness. Yes, many anime characters have a pretty sharp chin, but for a female that is a bit too much. Just look at reference pictures, unless you want to follow a specific style, in my opinion, this would be just too much, but as you want it to be.

Next point would be the wrinkles over the eyes which showed the end of the lids. As to be seen in this picture as well, they never go completely through, they are like half, or even one third and don’t even have to be connected to the edges of the eyes.

Next thing missing, in my opinion, are the eyebrows. Often they are shining through the hair, since in 3D, this could be difficult to perform you can ignore that, but just generally some eyebrows could look good on your character.

I hope I don’t smash you to the ground with my answer here, I really don’t want to throw you down with it, I really like the work and love it when people are doing 3D anime work, that’s why I am looking at it so much and find things :spin:.
Anyway, the eyes look a bit like in panic. If you look at reference pictures of anime eyes with horror/panic/fear and casual look, this is just the first thing I have seen in those eyes. Could be only me sure though, that’s just how I see it.

If you find yourself experienced enough to use more complex texture it would be awesome to see some sort of cloth texture on the clothes, but since the picture is still in work, it’s just a little point out. :slight_smile:

And one little question, out of curiosity: Did you happen to be used wood texture for the hair? I don’t know, it just reminded me a bit of it. :smiley:

Anyways congratulations to the work, I bet that already was quite some time and effort, don’t give up just because I was a tiiny bit critical about it. :slight_smile:
I mean, that’s sort of what this section here is about, right?

Have a great day and good progress. :smiley: