How can I apply the lego logo to all the studs on my base?

I would like to apply the lego logo to studs for another level of realism. This is an export from lego digital designer and I’ve added my bevels and ss but getting the lego logo is challenge. I can easily apply it to one stud simply by separating that stud and unwrapping then sizing it over the lego logo image for a bump map, work great!

But how can I easily apply that to all the studs? I thought about creating an array but then I’m replacing a huge part of the lego model I imported.

I tried separating all the studs into their own objects then creating a link for the object data but it makes the studs disappear, probably putting them all at the same coordinates.

Anyone have a better way to get this done? I must be missing something. I thought about keeping all the studs as a single object, unwrapping all of them and then simply scaling and aligning one of the large group and have the others use the repeated image but that didn’t line up well.

I think what I’d like is to be able to keep them as a single object, go into edit mode, unwrap them all into their own little islands in the uv editor (I can get this far) and then somehow get them (in the uv editor) all to be right on top of each other so I can just size a massive pile of them once over the image… I just can’t figure out if it’s possible to stack them all exactly onto each other.

A screenshot

Thanks for any info.

Used UV project modifier and UV warp modifier

This is awesome, thank you! I just can’t get the lego logo to line up perfectly over each stud. I’m guessing that’s what you used the uv warp modifier for? I can scale the logo to the right size but the repeating pattern is weird… I can see the warp modifier moves things around but not in a way that let’s me center them. Any other insight?

Not from me. Maybe from someone else.

Thanks though, that’s a huge step in the direction I needed. I’ll keep playing around.