Can find PacMac Pixels tutorial!?

I don’t know if I am going crazy or where I saw this, but a couple years ago there was a tutorial on how to make pacman like in the pixels movie, I remember at the time it was too advanced for me to follow but now I think I will be able to comprehend it.

I remember there was a bounding box that when moved throw the pacman he would become “pixelated” and as the bounding box moved past him it would go back to a smooth pacman. I remember it was along the lines of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpYkNTwK9Pg&t=2171s but had some techniques I would like to go back and learn.

I searched all over YT and couldn’t find it. Does anyone have any idea what I am talking about, sorry for such vague descriptions.

Moved from “General Forums > Blender and CG Discussions” to “Support > Modeling” (please post support questions in the proper forum)

I’m not familiar with the tutorial, but you should be able to do something similar if you start with the Remesh modifier.

Oops sorry didn’t mean to post in the wrong area.

You are right I do remember him using the remesh modifier, I will look for tutorials on tips and techniques with the remesh modifier. thx

Not in English, but can be useful:

And I remember this one

Because it crashed Blender that time, and I opened a report whit it.

Edit:
Oops! It still crash on my machine when play animation and orbit view :slight_smile:

Awesome thank you.