[BGMC25] MicroCity

Hi everyone,

This is my entry for the BGMC 25. I had hoped to polish the game a little more before submitting, but I think I fixed the main issues. Everything seems to work well now.

When you start, you are free to explore around the microchip city and you can use the arrow keys or number 1-5 to change the music. When you’re ready, press ‘enter’ and a 15 second counter will countdown to the start of the game.

Goodluck! I hope it isn’t too easy or too hard. Please let me know if the game just completely doesn’t work and I will try to fix it.

Controls are in the menu.blend. I didn’t get around to adding credits for the free assets I used yet. I will add them soon!

Enjoy :smiley:
A_Pilch

DROPBOX WITH .ZIP (16.7MB)

Looks great! I think it is polished enough for a short-development game. But anyway, the main goal in these games is gameplay, not gaphics. And I think that this game has simple but entertaining gameplay, not the boring, long, walk and do nothing type. Great job!

Awesome game! I would love to see some post-BGMC development done on this game. Unfortunately the highscores option didn’t seem to work.

Thanks, I’m glad you liked it :smiley:

Thanks :slight_smile: I would like to do more to it, but I have another project that I want to work on more for now. I kind of lost interest in this game and just wanted to be done with it. I think the music got too repetitive for me or something…

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention there was no highscores. I was going to go through your highscores tutorial and try to get that working, but I didn’t get around to it. I’ll try to add it into my next game or at least test it out.

The scenery looks very beautiful, awesome colored. Smooth movement make the driving around on the hoverboard a fun experience. Unfortunately i did not encounter any of the microbots instead i got some warnings like:

Warning, sensor “Collision” has lost a link to a controller (link 1 of 1) from object “MicroBot 4”
possible causes are partially appended objects or an error reading the file,logic may be incorrect

@moshus, it was probably partially appended then. I tried for a good 3 hours to fix that and eventually gave up since it didn’t seem to affect performance.

Did you press enter to start the game? I wanted to give players a chance to explore the environment and mechanics a little before playing…

Did you press enter to start the game?

Oh yes, i was really was that stupid (even beeing way to tired yesterday evening is no real excuse for that).
I am very sorry for sending you on a hunt for a bug that did not exists.

The game was quite fun. I espacially liked the part when you have to “skate” fast to the next attacked station. Every time i tried the game the first three stations are fallen very fast. so it ended up defending the last station against endless hordes of microbots (is there an end? i shoot at them about ten minutes until the last station falls). In this part i was only standing in front of the station shooting lacking what i think is the most fun part of the game: “hovering” around the level.

But overall very good done, congratz for the game.

I like the cartoon style graphics. Made a little modification. You can get more fps, if you remove the modifier edge split.
image: bfbge vs upbge;’ http://pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=118183

Dood! you’re not supposed to vote for your own game!:spin:

I had no idea we couldn’t do that in the BGMC’s. I liked the other games, but I genuinely enjoyed playing my own game more than the others this time around.

I guess that’s the unwritten rule of BGMC.
I wonder how many people have done that in the past. I usually forget to add that to the list of rules, must remember next time.

I doubt someone can change the votes, but I would prefer if my vote wasn’t counted then or was changed to Ant Panic. Or @Nicholas_A, you could always vote for your game to even the score in this case :slight_smile: