Make An object visible to only one player.

Pretty much the thread title explains it. What i want is that once a player reaches a set number of points, an object(a landscape) becomes visible to that player and that player only.

Any Ideas?
thx.

To only that player? Is this a multiplayer game? You could add an overlay layer for that player, when the score threshold is reached, add the overlay layer.

I’m not one for coding, but maybe someone else can jump in and help me out. I definitely think you’ll need a python script for this attached to the objects you want to be visible/invisible, and it will have to read properties (scores) from objects (the players).

Something like, if near property “player”, read score should work. And then you’ll need an if “score” > x, make owner (landscape) visible.

Each player should be seeing an instance of the world and so this should be different for each player.

@APilch

unfortunately i don’t think there is any way around using a script to get this effect. it is simple enough to make an object unhide itself but how to make it unhide itself to only one player. I don’t even know where to start. If any coding masters are here please give me anything you got on this. I’d really appreciate it.

thanks all.

Yhe object to appear is a whole landscape so i don,t think overlay layers would work.

If you want both players to be playing at the same time but see different things, see here:

That was to make objects visible only in a mirror, but the process for players is similar - switch from ImageMirror in the code to ImageRender.

If you just want some players to have access to levels that other players don’t, there are likely simpler ways.

How many players do you have in your game session?
What does each single player see?
Do each player run it’s own game session or is the game session (and window) shared?
How do you distinguish the output of each player?

One or more screenshots or sketches would be nice.