Milo Thatch

Yet WIP, which adviсe you can give me? More about lighting compositing, and yeah you can give me feedback about hair, model and etc. Face you can see https://www.artstation.com/artwork/PDea4 I cannot understand because I cannot upload the pic of a face.

The render looks really good for recreating a traditionally animated character. It can be hard to get all the proportions correct, particularly with hair, since at any given point it can look quite different depending on the angle of Milo’s head. Well done capturing the overall look of the hair. Also, that Shepherd’s Journal looks fantastic! :yes:

As for the glasses in the full render, if you look at the up-close render on your ArtStation, you may notice that there are some (Cycles?) fireflies that appear to be caused by Milo’s glasses. I’m curious to see the material setup is for the lens, as I suspect it may be due to a glossy shader.

Other than the glasses material, the only other thing could be adding some ridges on Milo’s shirt collar that appear in some of the artwork, and a maybe add a little bit of rim lighting to separate the coat collar and left shoe from the backdrop.

Being this is my first critique, I’m very surprised how well the model looks in comparing all the details to the original character. Keep it up! :slight_smile:

I really like the posing of the character a lot. Makes him very appealing. Need some work on the hands. And maybe something can be improved in the skin as well but not sure what.

Thanks for feedback! About hands I did hand more like original, more like squad fingers how it was in cartoon(movie). And I little bit fix lighting and yeah I try more work on skin materials

I done, finished version you can see on that