Akko - Little Witch Academia

Polycount is huge as hell, but it will stay like that. For smooth outlines. Main reason behind it was creation of 3d model which looks Exactly like drawing. Many of the people were belived that it’s drawing. So I guess it works.

Attachments

cool, is it cycles or internal render?

It’s BGE actually. It looks exactly same in sketchfab.

This is so fantastic! How did you acomplished the variation on the outline? Did you used some sort of “push” map along the edges?
Do you have a development blog? Congratulations, it is super!

Great work!
One minor remark; the nose seems divided in two (only visible in the 3D view).
Would be nice to see this model in a full image with setting, or in a little anime.

Wow, the likeliness is incredible! I actually thought your render was the reference until I saw the 3d version :smiley:

Really cool, well done!

I am impressed by delicate modeling and fine adjustment of the outline.
Does the shadow work in real time? Or a fixed texture?

Wow, nice work!

what kind of material did you used, because the toon material isn’t great in all time’s

wow
I like it
can you tell me+us how you make this colors and lighting

Awesome work!!!
Big fan of the show and Non photoreal lover.
It’s spot on.
:slight_smile:

Thank you - all of you. It isn’t shader which works work in real time. It’s just hand-drawn texture. I thought about cell shading shadows. But I’m afraid that it wouldn’t look so nice - why? Because shadows will reveal true geometry of this mesh. The way how source of light lays shadows on it, will be far away from how it looks in anime. I saw some 3d attempts in anime. And almost all of them sucks. I thought about how it should works. And I think that shadows - especially on face should be created by invisible objects which projects textures on 3d mesh of character. Actually I’m studying how are made characters in Game :“Guilty Gear Xrd.”

I agree. There are no magic bullets to create 2DAnie style shadows in a 3D environment.
I think it would be nice if the blender had a key shape function for custom normals and that could be controlled by the position and orientation of the light source.