Gently Lit Desk

This is a Desk that I 3d modeled and rendered in blender. it was made to show a relaxing, comfortable, and familiar area.

Hi there , wel it looks “relaxing, comfortable, and familiar area” and i like the collors , for that i say welldone:yes:.
just the desk needs a littel more gloss to look more real to me , and your lamp too , the wooden part of your lamp.

ok, ill try that. thanks!

I reduced the roughness on the desk and on the lamp. I also changed the paper material.

Hey , wow thats look way better aint it, i like it:yes:

I am just wondering how many samples is this, its a littel to manny noise in your render.
Do you use under collor managment sRGB or Filmic Log Encoding , filmic way less noise,
If you not have filmic you wil have download it, install like a addon.
The link to Filmic is in his link description https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9AT7H4GGrA should watch this:D
Than if you have filmic you can crank up the light way up with no clipping and less noise.

Wen in filmic you can chance under look “base contrast” to what ever you like , ofthen base wil do just fine.
I hope you did not know this end helps you out in a way for now or later.

And thx for the update render love it.

it’s at 1000 samples, and it’s in 1080p. it did look grainy to me too, but I just upped the samples to 3000 :smiley:

Ill try filimic. Thanks!

Hi me again , i just update my blender to blender 2.9 and Filmic is built in there no download needed plus there is a NEW blender denoisin option! for denoising and wow the result, you did 3000 samples, with denoiser you only need like 700 for same result just wow , i just found out myself.
So update buddy with these to options this wil be pretty’r post afther post:yes:.
The 3000 samples do look better but try the denoiser it is the fix so we dont have to use 3000 sampels annymore and less noise:D.

Me again i had too read better you sad its at 1000 samples, still it looks better;) maybe you can get away with 300 samples and denoiser ,The reson i just thold you wil have the same result is , i went in my own render from 2500 samples to only 500 and denoiser it lookt verry good :D.
I am working on a bathroom myself if you would like to see its in: works in Progress https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?436345-My-first-interior
This has no denoiser , it has only Filmic , i wil update my render pictures tomorrow with the denoiser;).

Thanks! I already downloaded it and rendered it at 3000 with flimic, but I’m sending this with my laptop. I’ll send the new one in about an hour. thanks!

never mind, I figured it out through the power of Google!