Nostromo interior

Hi everyone, I’m putting here a personal work that I’m doing to practice a little in Blender, I was a user of 3ds max and I ended up migrating to Blender and I just loved the software, it’s amazing how many options it has … then I decided to model a scenario of one of the scifi terror that I like best … Alien, well, I hope you

give criticism about it …

Attachments

Some really nice hard surfacing there. Love it.

Very nice. I love this movie too. The modeling is really good. Do you plan texture it?

Are you going to add textures?

Hi, I’m texturizing yes, here follows a part of the scene with the applied texture and one of the references that I’m using … thanks for the comments .

Attachments

Hello, here is a little virtual tour to demonstrate how the modeling is getting, there are still some details missing and I can go to the textures …

Nice!

I haven’t watched the movie, so I’m not as familiar with the environment as you probably are, but here’s my set of generic questions about the set!

It looks like the vast majority of items in this scene are made out of aging plastic (due to the burnt brown of the wear on inside corners). If your source allows for it, it might be interesting to add some elements of medal, especially in those complicated panels.

In the room with what I assume to be hibernation pods, what do those cool pipes do in the wall panels? Do they regulate temperature in the room? Do they act as a porous mesh that allows the ship to recycle some of the air? Are they rolled up hoses to use in emergencies?

Pretty much, I think the textures would be even more interesting if you take the components’ intended use and resulting wear into account.

Nice. Before textures the models have kind of a “padded room” plush look too them.

https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/alienanthology/images/5/5a/Nostromo_Dining_Room.png/revision/latest?cb=20120504020850

I think you are pretty close, can’t wait to see more of this awesome WiP

That’s really a great subject, why has no one attempted it before. That set was one of the first to be fully enclosed and connected room to room like a real environment. How are you able to see textures in the render view in Cycles, I’m not able to do that.

Hello, well, first of all I want to thank the comments, thank you!
Ok, let’s go the answers …
Lolwel21: yes, some parts that make up the ship to simulate plastic, mainly the top deck, which is what I’m focusing on the modeling, there are few metal elements, as the hibernation room of the crew are not sure what they are for those Panels that you mentioned, maybe they are really to control their sleep, but since the film is from 1979, the design of everything is kind of retro, which I like very much, I like this style, as the textures I intend to make them very dirty, with Very wear … now a suggestion, watch the movie is very good, maybe you like …
DigitalDemon: Hello, yes they give that impression, it’s like I said before, a very retro look …
FlyingBanana: Thank you, I hope I can do something that comes close enough …
Djwaterman: Hi, I just selected the textures mode and enabled the ambient occlusion to reinforce some areas of shadows …

Hello, one more up, I ended up making a simple model of the space suit that they use in the film … these costumes are inside a kind of closet … more below has a reference …