What global local view is used for? & there is a way to align views with and object?

Hello,

I have been wondering for long time now and I haven’t find an answer myself, What global local view is used for?

For some time I thought that “Global/local view” option can be use to see and object like if it was a single scene, so no mater the rotation or scale that you can see it like if all transformation had been reset. But its not.

So there is a way to do that: there is a way to align views with and object?

:spin:

Local view is simply an isolation mode for when you want to work on a specific piece of a model or scene, it doesn’t affect transformations or anything. It also reframe the camera position (I wish it wouldn’t do that btw).

About the second question, I don’t really understand what do you mean. Could you elaborate?

When you have thousands of objects in the same layer and want edit one is easy use / to isolate the object and edit that work with all the stuff

Select an object (or face, etc.), hold Shift and press “1” or “3” or “7” on the numpad. This will align the view to the local axis of the object or normals of the selected faces.

@jpthrash and @DcVertice Yes, but if you can use the “H” “shift+H” “alt+H” isn’t it a bit redundant? there is no extra functionality?

@maraCZ that’s fucking awesome dude, just what I was looking for. Thanks !!!