This BGMC we had five entries:

• Micro City by Apilch
  • Celltris by Moshus
  • The Bell Jar by smoking_mirror
  • Ant Panic by Nicholas_A
  • Microman Driving Simulator by randompickle97

Download the all games pack here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B27awtGNGuMPbGk2T192TVpJaUU/view?usp=sharing

If I’ve missed any games or gotten the wrong version, let me know and I’ll update the pack.
You will need Blender 2.78c and UPBGE 0.1.8 to play the games.

Strange that more than 14 people voted for micro world (EDIT), but only 5 people actually managed to make a game. Oh well, I suppose something usually comes up that kills development time half way through the competition.

Anyway…
I really enjoyed all the entries, I guess my favorite was probably ant panic, though tower defense games are not really my thing.
Here’s a couple of mini reviews:

Micro City, looked great and was fun to play. A mini map would be helpful so I can keep track of where I should be going, but I guess once you learn to find the active portal it’s not so difficult to stop the bugs. The music was nice, but I would have liked to hear some sound effects for shooting the weapon, bugs dying etc…

Celltris looked great and the mechanics were very interesting, but I simply could not wrap my head around how to play. No matter how I tried to move the blocks around there’s just too many of them and they just end up piling up and up and up, and then game over. Maybe it should start with a very slow trickle of blocks so the player can get a feeling for the game.

The bell Jar was utter laziness. No sounds, no graphics! What was the developer thinking?!

Ant panic, was a great game. I lost very quickly. I’ve never really played a tower defense game so I don’t know the optimal strategies, I just wanted to wait and try to place some of the more expensive items. I’ll probably play this one some more. One problem I had was starting the game I was confronted by the white screen of death and my computer froze. Is it looking for an internet connection at that time for setting the high scores?

Microman driving simulator. Oh the horror! I like the new character style from randompickle97, the faces were very expressive, as they bounced off the hood of the car in a fountain of blood. The game reminded me of one of those morality quizzes “You’re sitting in an out of control shopping trolley as it rolls downhill towards a group of white supremacists, you can cause the trolley to swerve, but if you do it will hit Kim Jong Eun. What do you do?” Love the blender phone Easter egg at the end.

Aside from my game, my favorite was micro city. Even though it was a bit buggy, The aesthetics were nice, the music was perfect, and it was just such an unusual and creative game idea.

Celltris looked interesting but like smoking mirror, I couldn’t really get it.

Bell jar was a nice game to play too. For the limited time in which it was developed, it was great.

Microman driving sim… well. I tried to swerve out of the way of the people but I couldn’t. It was a bit disturbing to be honest.

white screen of death and my computer froze. Is it looking for an internet connection at that time for setting the high scores?

Yeah, even though you played offline, it still tries to get the scores from the leaderboard.

trolley as it rolls downhill towards a group of white supremacists, you can cause the trolley to swerve, but if you do it will hit Kim Jong Il. What do you do?

Oh come one:p! What’s wrong with white supremacists? I think you should have said: “A group of antifa or kim jong un”

@smoking_mirror, you mean micro world right? You had me looking all over the forums for a bgmc25 game voting thread lol. I think a few people didn’t submit a game they made, others might just have been active people in the game engine threads at the time.

I’m looking forward to playing the rest of the games. I have a few left.

Thank you for hosting sdfgeoff! Nice organization.

Oh, yeah, sorry. Edited.

My thanks also to sdfgeoff. :slight_smile:

yeah, First of all thanks to sdfgeoff and all participants,

Celltris looked great and the mechanics were very interesting, but I simply could not wrap my head around how to play. No matter how I tried to move the blocks around there’s just too many of them and they just end up piling up and up and up, and then game over. Maybe it should start with a very slow trickle of blocks so the player can get a feeling for the game.

Hey it is simulation of life, so to be realistic is needs to be way to complex to handle properly…
But beside that i totally agree with you guys, that it still needs more balancing, better controls and a something like a “protected childhood start” at the beginning. And it needs to show more visually whats going on. But First it needs a fix where the incoming tiles do not collide with each other preventing to be game over before the piles reach the forbidden zone.

The project was still a bit to ambitious for the time i had. I think i will fix the most important things after a break.