help modeling gun

I am triying to model a sniper rifle but I am having trouble making my mesh not so blocky, any way to make it look more natural and better, here are some images

Neither of them show the model structure, you haven’t mentioned what you’re modeling it for (still, animation, game engine, 3d printing, other - what?), and there’s no example .blend.

Based on the small black dots on the side of the model I’m guessing the model structure is not suitable for making the rounded forms, sides made out of n-gons, which means you would have to model it again and have the structure consist of quadrilateral faces, following the forms.

Couple of simple examples

sorry I havent been on forums befores, her is a better image and the blender file and I am modeling this to render it and practice with texturing and modeling

sniper.blend (2.39 MB)

The thing is full of beginner mistakes, which is ok, but you might be trying too difficult subject matter too soon

1. unapplied and non-uniform object scale. http://pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=72366 ctrl+A -> scale to apply
  2. haven’t used smooth shading
  3. triangulated geometry for no reason, it just makes handling the geometry harder
  4. and the main one. Made out of n-gons (faces with more than 4 sides) and the geometry is not suitable for curved surfaces. There are concave faces, many marked with red. There’s overlapping geometry, meaning more than one face taking the same space. There are intersecting parts but that is less of a problem, as long there’s no overlapping geometry visible.

You’ve tried to make separate parts separate and name them, which is good. But still, would recommend watching tutorials about modeling simple objects with curved surfaces, even making some. This one has much more complex forms, and you’'ll need more references to interpret those forms.

When coming back to it, you could check a google image search for “weapon 3D wireframe”. You’ll find that none of those have the structure like in yours currently.