Forbidden Unit

Hello,

I would like to share some details about making of our game using a combination of Unity3D and Blender. Forbidden Unit is old-school RPG strategy game.
I was making programming and graphics for the game, and after many years spent working in 3Dsmax and Maya, I really enjoyed working with Blender.
Little things like short starting time, may seem unimportant, but it was actually a big deal, and thanks to that, I was able to use Blender from Unity, almost like it built-in editor.

Also working with skinned objects is a dream compared to other software I have worked in within the past. Automatic mirroring of the vertex weights works like a charm. After last year, I spent working with Blender I could write so many things that I love about it. I even get so far that whole trailer for the game was edited in Blender, which is something that I originally considered as a backup plan, but it turned out, that Blender is actually decent Video Editor as well.

I hope this text might be inspiring for someone, and if you want to know more about the game itself
please visit our currently running Kickstarter campaign, where you can see Trailer and other materials.