Switching back To Blender after using Maya for 3 years.

After using maya for 3 years at my university, I’ve decided to switch back to Blender due to wanting to create my own work and not wanting to deal with paying for later versions of maya and dealing with licencing issues by using older versions of maya. Now I want to go back to using blender and transferring those skills I acquired from maya. Plus I prefer the blender community :eyebrowlift:. Now I need some simple tutorials for now to get me familiar with the interface and everything.

There was this one website that I really loved but now it was taken down :(.
http://www.gryllus.net/Blender/3D.html

Well I’ve just started this series for Beginners in Blender. Maybe it’ll be helpful to you! :slight_smile:

Most tutorials use made up terminology and don’t show much. That’s where people get confused about the interface.

• which “properties panel” to use, when neither of those is a “properties panel” they refer to
  • how to get rid of many “windows” they accidentally opened
  • why they can’t zoom in anymore
  • “pivot point” isn’t at the object, when object origin and pivot point are different things and would be more useful to show what those actually are, and show how to use pivots instead of mixing those with the origin

These were influenced by many questions from beginners. They’re structured, use actual terminology, and the information is correct.

Interface and navigation stuff is at the beginning because finding things, manipulating the interface and changing settings for different tasks is important, and you should be able to manage those with whatever you’re doing.