First animation

Hi all. I just finished my fist short animated film.

https://youtu.be/B6T2Xrx2pVQ

I am total novice in 3D. I was always more into 2D paintings, but I had always respect for these beautiful 3D pictures: So I gained some strenght and started to lern Blender few months ago. This is my first attempt to create simple animation.

It started with simple character I have created to be able to play with him and lern basics of riging and aniation. Result is probably not perfect but I like it. After all its my firs animation :slight_smile:

Any kind of criticism is welcomed. I plan to post more animations when I have some to share

Thank you
Jake

Very nice Jake
1 suggestion if I may be so bold maybe a few sparks just before the smoke rises.

To add on what tawdry said, what frame rate this animation was rendered?

Thank you very much. I was actually trying to do that but was not happy with the result :slight_smile: next time I do better!

It is 60fps - but not cycles render, only viewport PBR. This is actually good point… I think 60fps is probably too much? Isn’t like 30 enough for normal animation? Which frame rate do you guys think is standard for animating?

Thank you
Jake

Well, the average frame rate is 24 frames per second, but it all depends on the need of the animator. So you animated the entire thing from the viewport?

Ok.
Yes, it is openGl render in viewport. I am experimenting with render farm now, my computer is too slow to render it in cycles fast enough alone, so next time I try real cycles render thanks to render farm, I hope.