attempt of a realistic person

Hey,
with 2 weeks of vacation left, I started a new project.
it’s the first attempt of a realistic person but i have some experience with architectural renders.
the project has just started but i hope for some good feedback on texture and general look before i go into sculpt mode/rigmode.

and the shoe

there problems with anatomy in the face. the eyes are too high and are not right. i think the tear in the corner should be farther back. the inside of the ear doesn’t look very good with the dark area. Basically get some better anatomy reference for the details. But its a good start. I like the shirt and pants a lot.

ye you are right the ear needs some remodelling.
i will take a look at the eyes. thanks!

• (eyes not right… do you mean the eyeballs or the skin? balls are rigged so can be fixed later on)

Oh i am thinking about the tear duct again.

here is some fixed stuff
i have to say you were right (some things look weird due to the camera angle and perspective).
this is what i have learned about 2d head drawings.

I don’t think the problem is the proportions, in that last one it looks fine, just work on the secondary forms they look totally unfinished, look for references, and you will be ok if you follow them,

Some clarification on the primary, secondary and tertiary forms:

I paste this here so you undertand more about the forms: It is taken from [here](http://Form can be broken down into three categories. The primary form represents the largest basic shapes of the character. Secondary forms are muscle forms and folds of flesh. Tertiary details are things like pores, fine wrinkles, and scale details. For a sculpture to work, the primary and secondary forms are the most important.The tertiary forms are just icing on the cake and cannot make a bad sculpture good)
Form can be broken down into three categories. The primary form represents the largest basic shapes of the character. Secondary forms are muscle forms and folds of flesh. Tertiary details are things like pores, fine wrinkles, and scale details. For a sculpture to work, the primary and secondary forms are the most important.The tertiary forms are just icing on the cake and cannot make a bad sculpture good
Also take a look at this

great thanks!!

didn’t have so much time today, but i fixed some bad stuff. the ears will be fixed tomorrow

I like the proportions much better, the coloring is too much variation i think though. and the bumps are too big. ear looks like the top needs more thickness.

definitely right!
thanks your the tip of the texture and the bump (didn’t notice)
did some small sculpt modifications to the ear (but as you said it needs more thickness.

hey!
the new update for today.
added some new stuff and fixed some topology mistakes in the mouth.
also the ears are fixed but… ye…

some extra’s of today

hey!
the newest situation!!
added:

• a new face texture.
  • SSS skin shader.

remodelled the mouth

skin looks a little waxy but i hope the to fix it with a new bump map (old one is gone so the pore’s must be readded) and sculpt mode.

feedback will be appreciated.

secondary forms are still missing, especially in the eyes, and the nose. look at references of the eyes and see if there is nothing missing. you really have to use more references, or look more to them. Realism need a lot of good references.

hey
thanks, i have enough reference but its just my first realistic person attempt ;).
maybe you can give a drawing on my image with some good working lines.
i am still worken in edit mode.
for so far first the chin must backwards, the nose sides rounder and sharper en the lips less flat.
the ends of the eyes must be fixed in sculpt mode i think.

hey hey,
its been a long time…
but there is some progress:

(the white blur shouldn’t be there but its a problem with png/image uploading)

finally some feedback of secundairy forms has find his place. thanks Tonatiuh!

some problem with where the eye sockets are. and where the back of the head/neck is, though might be helpful to ender from other positions. The texturing has gotten a lot better.

thanks san,
i will work on the eyes (when i have the time)
this weekend i hope to give some new render positions.