Audi TT work in progress

I started this after learning the shrink-wrap method. It’s not perfect and not entirely accurate. It’s my first proper attempt at modelling a car so any feedback welcome :slight_smile:

Attachments

Looks pretty good for a first attempt. Question: What is the “shrink wrap method”?

That is the shrinkwrap method

Cool car , it allreddy looks pretty in a way:yes:, and sorry i cant realy comment on this , i am to noob never tryd a car:D.
I wish you the best with this:yes:.

Looks good actually, and thanks for the link to the method.

Thanks Safetyman! :slight_smile:
Check out the link that Flying Banana posted, I found out about the shrink wrap method from the very same vid! I actually paid for a set of video tutorials by the same people and they were absolutely brilliant! I learnt so much. :slight_smile:
It might seem long winded at first, but it will save you loads of time in the long run, kind of a magic fix for creases and anomalies in the mesh that can appear when subsurfing.
There is one bit on the audi that doesn’t use the shrink wrap method (yet), and that’s the rear wheel arch, you can see the shine isn’t smooth as it crosses the panel line.

Thank you! Originally I was only going to model the rear of the car as that’s all that would be visible in the short film I want to make, but glad I decided to make the whole thing. Good practice! :slight_smile:

Looks very good so far. :slight_smile: Is there any chance we can see the underlying objects you’re shrinking to?

Of course, here’s an “exploded” view of them. :slight_smile:

Main body, roof, rear and front bumpers and a wheel hub.