Pixar-esque portret

Starting a wip thread.
Not really from start to finish tough…
Comment any critique that will make this piece look better!

Attachments

very cute so far. I think the main issue is the skin color is not right. doesn’t appear as lively as a pixar character. I think their cheeks tend to be slightly pinker?

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/52/fb/d6/52fbd6a724582162135828279928c38f.jpg Notice the pinkness around the cheeks
I don’t think the old man in Up has SSS https://www.hdwallpapers.in/walls/pixars_up_dual_monitor_hd-HD.jpg But the cheeks are still more pink then everywhere else. So more attention to how color changes over the face would help bring him out a lot.

He is looking great so far though! The hair and the eyes are really nice and the modeling as well.

for so far nice job!!,
talking about the pixar look, you catched some things very good:
the small pointy nose and thin lips.
maybe these points can make it better:
1 almond shape eyes, this one you got almost right. but in het perfect look the upper almond arch is a little taller then the lower one. so the place where the eye meets the nose is good but the other side is a little too high.
2 pixar & disney have round faces (looks cuter). so maybe a test with a lower head?

Thank you for your input! I will definitely work on the skin texture. But as far as the roundness of the face goes, I used this style of head/jaw as reference: https://authenticallyaurora.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/flynn-rider.png
so yeah you’re right, it could be a bit smooter.

What would you guys suggest for eyelashes? None? Particle system or just a simplistic ones?

Bert

So I made skin more colorful and added a more reddish tone to the cheeks. Also started working on the eyebrows.

I’m also considering to make the underlip a bit smaller and sharper… Maybe I’ll do it in a shapekey and compare the two styles.

Tweaked the light setup and switched to filmic. This is also with smaller and sharper underlip and I think I prefer it this way…
Also added some eyelash placeholder, but this will change as the shape of the eyes will change as @HappySmurf pointed out. Added some small additions to the eyebrows.

I don’t know about the eyelash, it looks too feminine to me?
I am loving the color of the cheeks you’ve added. I like the coloring a bit more on the second to last one more then the last one. personally. ibut they both look really good. the second to last colors are a little warmer though to me.
The mustache is not perfect, but I know how hard hair can be. This getting to be really great!

te eyelashes are are characteristic but i should make them a lot thinner.
i think (as sandra said before) it makes it look feminine, due to the increasing thickness. it thinks its better to make the lash smaller and extrude it to the begin point of the eye.

What’s new:

• Made the forehead shorter and rounder
  • Modified the shape of the eyes to make it more Pixar-like.

Next focal point will be his clothes!