Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Today I got this CHAPTCHA page for the first time on submitting a post from the advanced page, it never happened before.
    (Safari on OS X 10.9.5)

paolo

happens occasionally for past few days
    FF 55.0.2...

instantly remembered the spamtacks * * Thread: Info on BA spam attacks here

This is definitely not a browser thing. It relates to our CDN, Cloudflare. It's happened to me with the moderation panel, actually. For some reason, there are a set of IPs that are flagged by the CDN as not fully trusted and it kicks on the CAPTCHA system for them. It's being looked into to see if there's more that we can do to fix it.

It could not be a big issue to me, above all if it can be useful to block spam-bots, what I find annoying at the most is the method by pictures they use.
    Just yo say.

Thank you Fweeb!

paolo

Ay, ay... This modern terror paranoia is making chaos all over. Many of the sites i visit (FOSS & such) are lately treated as dangerous, security risks by FF and many others. So it is NWO 1948, all over again - for our kids to enjoy .

Originally Posted by burnin View Post
    Ay, ay... This modern terror paranoia is making chaos all over. Many of the sites i visit (FOSS & such) are lately treated as dangerous, security risks by FF and many others. So it is NWO 1948, all over again - for our kids to enjoy .
    Ah, so the bug is actually about politics and not about the variety of issues that inevitably crop up with a complex website like this one!?

The more systems a site uses for things like security and other functions, the higher the chance that a point of failure could occur (because there's more areas), it's not that complex. I imagine some of this stuff could be resolved more easily if the Discourse move ends up happening (which I'm getting skeptical of honestly because there's no appearance of progress).
    Sweet Dragon dreams, lovely Dragon kisses, gorgeous Dragon hugs. How sweet would life be to romp with Dragons, teasing you with their fire and you being in their games, perhaps they can even turn you into one as well.
    Adventures in Cycles; My official sketchbook

By the way, actually doing the CAPTCHA gives you back your ability to make edits to posts and threads, it's just a bit annoying as it doesn't just make it go away for good.
    Sweet Dragon dreams, lovely Dragon kisses, gorgeous Dragon hugs. How sweet would life be to romp with Dragons, teasing you with their fire and you being in their games, perhaps they can even turn you into one as well.
    Adventures in Cycles; My official sketchbook

Nah, was simply mind meandering in textual appearance... as mind was bogged, tired of over protectionism from the likes of strict orderly brainiacs - nonsense is result of nonsense.
    & Thanks for the kicks. Hope, you feel better now...

I have a serious doubt about captcha when you should choose traffic signs. The pole/sticks/bars/tubes that hold the traffic signal. Should this also be considered part of the traffic signal?
    Be patient, English is not my language.

I have had no issues anymore for the last 3 weeks, but now i get the error page when i want to edit a topic, go advanced, error page.

Deze pagina werkt niet

Chrome heeft ongebruikelijke code op deze pagina gedetecteerd en heeft de code geblokkeerd om je persoonlijke gegevens (zoals wachtwoorden, telefoonnummers en creditcards) te beschermen.

ERR_BLOCKED_BY_XSS_AUDITOR
    A workaround for this error, right click edit post, then open in new window, it will take you straight to the advanced editor(it will skip the fast editor page).
    Last edited by Cotaks; 12-Nov-17 at 12:22.
    '- It's not working' then check your console like: this
    Did you know that you can make a complete game with the .blends that i share?

This is something that's definitely specific to Chrome... and perhaps specific to your unique setup. I can't seem to reproduce the behavior that you're describing.

I'll see if anyone else is experiencing this issue.

Originally Posted by Fweeb View Post
    This is something that's definitely specific to Chrome... and perhaps specific to your unique setup. I can't seem to reproduce the behavior that you're describing.

I'll see if anyone else is experiencing this issue.
    To chrome i can understand, but it cant be my setup, due to i do not change anything after i install chrome, so its a standard installation. (and my pc is clean of unwanted virusses/trojans/etc.). Anyway im not so bothered with it, i have always found a work around for it. and it does not happen every time, it just does it once a while. It's strange for sure.

But the strangest thing is, i only have problems (if they popup) on this forum.
    i have no issues with other forums.

Also it's strange that chrome says that it has found unusual code on the page and that it has blocked it.
    Last edited by Cotaks; 17-Nov-17 at 06:51.
    '- It's not working' then check your console like: this
    Did you know that you can make a complete game with the .blends that i share?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12