Pirate cabin

Hi all.

This is my latest artwork, a captain’s quarter inside a galleon.

Modeling in Maya 2016 and render with Cycles in Blender 2.78. 5500 samples, 2304 x 1296 resolution. Postproduction with Gimp. Hdri lighting and portal lamps for the windows. Subsurface scattering for the candles and hair particles for the carpet edges. Thanks to Andrew Price for his fantastic PBR tutorials.

For HD and more info visit my blog: https://sergioraposofernandez.wordpress.com/

Thanks for watching, hope you like it.

16 Likes

Looks awesome. Maybe a bit on the low side of the contrast.

How did you get the scene into blender and render in cycles?

Very nice work. I saw his (and liked it) over at ArtStation. I hope you’re going to make a pirate to sit inside it. :slight_smile:

Glenn

Very nice. I’ve always wanted to do something like this. Maybe I’ll revisit the idea.

I love the look. Great lighting too!

Beautiful work. Good enough to hang on a wall.

Thank you very much bigbad. Yes, I think the same, perhaps it needs more contrast.
First I modeled all in Maya, and then I exported the scene to Blender, where I configurated the materials and the lighting.

1 Like

Thank you very much Glenn. I saw your artwork at Artstation too, and I loved it. All your works are wonderful. Congrats and thanks for comment.

Thank you very much Mark. I think the pirates is a good theme for an artwork. It is a Classic, jeje. Thank you very much for comment.

Thank you very much Dreamco, I am glad you like it. Thanks friend!

Thanks friend! I am happy with your comment, it is very encouraging, thanks a lot.

Nice work!

Excellent work!

Great as always, 5 stars.

Saludos.

excellent render! as usual :smiley:

Thank you very much friends for your comments!

-SandraDau: thanks Sandra, a pleasure see you here too.
-Fatesailor: thank you very much for your words friend.
-Skaldy: thanks Skaldy! Muchas gracias hermano.
-Guss: thank you very much Guss!

Love your style. 100% awesomeness

Thanks Toshi, very good works in your Artstation!

man this really looks amazing nice work

Awesome work. Somehow it throws me back in the days when I was World of Warcraft addict.