use particle hair as tail along a path

Hi there,
I have a particle system setup which follows a path, I also like a second particle system with a hair setup to follow that same path and the tail is moving dynamically. But I don’t know how to set this up.
Can anyone give me hint to set it up correctly?

Kind regards,
Twan

I can’t visualize the scene that you have in mind. Generally, when something is “moving dynamically,” I think in terms of some kind of armature, or maybe a hand-animated 3D curve. Your particle emitters would somehow be attached to that. (And of course, in the final frame you would use only the particles.)

But there are also “cheap tricks” (!) that you can use. For instance, overlay a copy of the particle-stream (-only …) output with additional copies of itself, offset in time by a few frames, with slightly different Alpha. Maybe do a couple of slightly different animations in your overlays. Howzabout tinting one of them, maybe altering the amount of light they appear to produce? Defocus, anyone? Wanna toss in an animated noise-texture and dream up something creative to do with it in your compositing “noodle” network? Feel Free.™ All of these things are compositing tricks.

The world’s your oyster – and, on the cheap. With basically no increase in computation time – perhaps, with only one actual render – you achieve a much more turbulent and (I think …) believable smoke or exhaust.

Thanks for the hints and tips. What i mean is an emitting trail that moves along a path. I have a scene and with motiontracking I’ve put several objects in the scene. WIth the trail (hair particles) I want the objects to be ‘connected’ by shooting from one object to the other leaving a trail. While the trail gets older (the end of the hair) it starts offsetting a little bit…

I hope I made myslef a bit more clear…