Tower Of the Stars (BlenderGuru Fantasy Competition Entry).

This is my entry for the Blenderguru fantasy competition, along with a short video about how it was made.

For the forum thread associated with it please look here,

https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?435966-Tower-Of-the-Stars-(BlenderGuru-Fantasy-Competition-Entry)

You can also find it here on the blenderguru disqus forum,

And here on artstation.

Attachments

Awesome work. Very thought provoking and inspirational piece of work. Best wishes on the contest entry and it was awesome following your progress through this. Kudos

Nice mix of fantasy with sci-fi :slight_smile:
The composition here is very nice, and I liked how you used the blue rod (which contrasts with the yellow fire) in order to call attention to the person on the foreground.

Nice work!

Thanks! I enjoyed doing the piece a lot, and having to work to a deadline can concentrate the mind. I have seen some of the competition and I realise that there is still so much that I have to learn I find that competitions do raise your game though.

Very creative, unique and outside of the main stream with nice story telling since the early stages. I wish you best of luck in the competition.

totally love this scene! so creative… I wish I had your imagination! :smiley:

I guess there are a few technical points that could improve, but for me the story more than makes up for that. good luck in the competition!

Thanks for the advice and the encouragement! I enjoyed the process, I’ve been working on a single animation for far too long now, so the opportunity to do something else was really welcome.

I really appreciate the complement. Your picture is the winner in my books, It’s not just the realism of the bear, it is the way that you have managed to catch his character and resolve, I just love it. It inspires me rather than making me feel down hearted.

Insane dude, high quality CG Art!

Why thank you sir!:eyebrowlift: