How do you guys feel about the Episode 3 leak (Half Life series)

As probably all of you may know, recently, Marc Laidlaw, the lead writer for the Half life series has left Valve, and has written in letter form what was basically his vision of the third episode of the Half Life 2 trilogy. What we all took from it is that it hasn’t made it to the stage where the entire writing team goes over it and revises the story and adds in/removes ideas.

What do you guys take from this? Do you think this is the final nail in the Half Life coffin? The writers Laidlaw was training to carry on the series have also left Valve, sooner than Laidlaw himself in fact.

What I take from this, is a conformation that the series is over, it will never be finished or picked up…Officially… I’m sure fans will try to create the third episode. But I feel this is it, I’m sad to see one of my favorite series finally die, but at least we have closure, we know weather or not the series is active or not.

Valve isn’t interested in putting the resources into making another HL game, sad to say. It’s bad too, because Valve said that they wanted a game to showcase their newest version of the Source engine and HL3 would have been perfect.