Warhammer 40k - Ultramarine Dreadnought

Hi guys! These are the final renders of my long-lasting project on a Ultramarine Dreadnought from Warhammer 40.000.
Modeling was done in Blender, while texturing in Substance Painter.
Renders made in Cycles using the new Principled Shader.
Hope you like it!
Please check my Artstation profile for more renders & other works: https://www.artstation.com/masmo

6 Likes

great job Masmo!

Brutal! Love it.

The weathering gives it a well used look. It’d be nice to see it in an action shot. Or something with a bit more perspective, to give it a sense of scale. Seeing it presented on a turntable base makes it feel more like a miniature. Beautiful mesh and textures nonetheless.:slight_smile:

Imho the surface need some bullet holes.

Very good render, well… so good i can hear dawn of war dreadnought sound just looking at it.

Beautiful. This was always one of my favorite warhammer models and you nailed it on the head. Looks just like one of the miniatures. Well done.

Very nice, I love Warhammer 40.000… this is totally cool and inspiring thanks so much for sharing your wonderful rendition using blender… Even I’ve been in 3d art for a long time though most of the work I’ve focused in game development, and although the lines are starting to be blurred between games and cg animation/film, I originally started like everyone else mostly back in the day, wanting to make my own animations and wanted to be involved in film. Your work and a few other artist inspire me to do more in that direction…

now I just have to find the time… :eyebrowlift2:

Thank you Luca!!

Thank you Macser! I didn’t have the time to create an environment for this guy, so I opted in using a base.

wounderful work I like the imporfections on it’s surface it’s so awesome

Awesome!!! made me so nostalgic of my WH40K days!

Awesome… :eyebrowlift:

If I didn’t know any better, I would say that was a model from Forge-world.

Excellent work!!!

fantastic, good work!

Thank you guys! Just wanted you to know I’ve uploaded my model on Sketchfab.
here’s the link: Warhammer 40k - Ultramarine Dreadnought - 3D model by MASMO - Sketchfab

OMG I love this! I am making a short fanmade Warhammer 40k trailer by my own and have though about modeling a dreadnought. I will for sure not be able to make something that matches this one in quality but this gives me inspiration that it’s highly possible to create one with such quality!

You can really see the wear and tear on it as it has battled xeno scum

This is great! I love the wear and tear of the cables, and everything else as well :slight_smile:

Great job!