Can not uninstall previous version of animation node.

Hi, I accidentally installed from github page of animation node. (from clone or download). It took time for installation but didn’t show up in the addon list.
Now I found the actual one. I installed it. It was successfully installed. But whenever I try to enable it. It shows following error:
Multiple version is installed. Try to uninstall previous version.
I cannot find the previous wrong installation anywhere in the addon list. So i can not uninstall/remove. But I am pretty sure that is the reason behind it
Is there any method to find and remove it, other than uninstalling and reinstalling? Please help

I’m having the same issue…I’ll let you know if I figure it out

Edit I thought I could fix it by booting up my previous version of Blender in which animation nodes was installed, and using that version to remove the addon. But after doing that (seemingly successfully), and trying to reinstall on the new official version of blender, I still got the error message.

Edit-Edit I got it. You need to dig into the previous files in this location (C:\Users_username_\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts) where “2.78” is the previous version that had animation nodes installed on it - it may be in multiple places - and delete anything having to do with animation nodes. Then try to reinstall new version. I’d just been looking in the Blender Foundation folder in Program files, but that’s the wrong place.

Delete folders that contain animation nodes from this folder:
C:\Users_YOURUSERNAME_\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons

Then reinstall correct .zip