YAMC - Yet Another Minecraft-like Clone

Just another Minecraft clone/similar game prototype, nothing too fancy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Almost finishing this small game, and also I did this draggable menu.

https://gifyu.com/images/2017-09-28_19-17-27.gif

nice work, is the gfx mesh all one object?

physics objects are marched?

There are several objects, and all of them parented to another objects who moves whenever I click and drag the mouse over it. Nothing too fancy :slight_smile:

https://gifyu.com/images/2017-10-06_16-40-34.gif

And I also did this turret for the game:

1 Like

More updates here…

1 Like

It’s amazing :smiley:

Thanks! :cool:

Another update here:

Not the actual gameplay, just improving some code and Logic bricks from the turret behavior.

I’m using the UPBGE here, and the BF-BGE only to use some addons that are not avaliable in the UPBGE.

Hope you like it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here is another little update about this project :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here is another gameplay video about my game project, with several updates.

2 Likes

@mataii

Amazing video as usual :smiley:
However FPS seems low with the latest update :thinking:

1 Like

Thanks! :smiley:

Yeah I noticed :thinking: , but I think this is because I had several apps running in background in that moment and I also noticed when recording the video the FPS was quite lower so, thats why, I guess.

But it still runs Ok without severe FPS drop when executing only Blender :sweat_smile:

Are you planning on releasing your game (?)

Sure! but to be honest I don’t know when :sweat_smile: , making games is a hard task, and things you planned to do, end up to be not so good enough at some point , and then a start over is needed.

But at least I still find enjoyable the process of making this project, that’s whats count, I guess :grin:

4 Likes

Another update :sweat_smile:

Maybe its time to use some BatchGroup here, at this time almost everything is done with logic bricks and it works OK, but it would be nice to try.

6 Likes

Did you not build in an rotate option before you place it?

oops i see, nicely done!

1 Like

Yes I tried but it was a bit tricky taking into account the way I did the core mechanics of the cubes, and I would need to have a full modification.

At this time I came across several other ways to implement the same function but in a more simpler way, and that’s why I think about to implement geometry instance and batch. But I need to see some examples to see how it works because I’m not good enough yet coding.

Thanks man! coming from you, means a lot :sweat_smile: