Serious PC crashing problem

Specs:
CPU - i5 6300HQ
RAM - 8GB DDR3
GPU - Intel HD Graphics 530
dGPU - nVidia GeForce GTX 950m

The problem:
I can’t have blender open for more than 5 or 10 minutes before the fan spins up and my laptop does an emergency shut down with a rather loud “click”.
This happens exclusively with Blender. I can do anything else way more taxing and its no problem, but Blender causes my computer to completely crash even if its just idling, doing completely nothing and open in the standard starter cube scene.
The Blender version was 2.78.
I updated to 2.78c, making sure to wipe the previous version completely off my computer. Same story.
What is causing this problem!?

your computer is over heating. clean the fans all out. i just hope permanent damage hasnt already begun.

reapplying good thermal paste on the heatsink would help too, but thats really involved and will void your warranty.

EDIT what os are you running? it could be a faulty graphics driver.

download both intel and nvidia drivers.

uninstall the nvidia, restart.
uninstall the intel, restart.
install the the intel, restart.
install the nvidia, restart.

in that order, or you will likely cause black screen.

Windows 10 home edition, latest version.
That’s what I thought too, temperature. That’s the normal case of when any computer decides to turn itself off like this.
But…
I have both Speedfan and Realtemp to check my temperatures.
Like I said before, I can give my laptop a serious work out and its all fine. The highest temperatures I’ve ever gotten on my machine were around 87C with fans on turbo while art streaming (Gimp, Paint Tool Sai, Firefox, OBS and Discord all open at the same time). Scary, but still under the maximum limit.
I can have Blender open, doing nothing at all, just have it open on its standard cube scene and the computer will still insta-crash after 5 or 10 minutes consistently. That is with nothing at all open at the same time and temperatures reaching barely over 48
C.

I’ll try to reinstall the drivers, see if that changes anything.
Somehow I doubt it though, but its worth a shot.

Hi, I never read/heard about such problem from other user.
Is there any activities in task manager?

Cheers, mib

i have heard rumors of a certain nvidia driver that was self destructive. not sure of the version.

Hi, copy .dll for your system in to your Blender directory.
Blender use software rendering then, CPU only.
It is very slow and only for testing.
If Blender trigger GPU driver error it should not happen with this setup.

http://download.blender.org/ftp/sergey/softwaregl/

Cheers, mib

Thanks for all the responses, guys, but after one and a half days of pure grinding with drivers and integrity checks with 0 results I hit f!#< it and decided to install Ubuntu on an old 500GB laptop HDD I still had lying around and use it as an EHD.
Blender works fine on Linux. No crashing problems as of yet.