another wind problem

can one get the wind thing to start RIGHT NOW!!!
instead of letting the flag droop first and then after several frames - wake up and do its job!
thanks all

NOW is relative :wink: save/cache simulation & NOW you’re in control to start (rendering) where you wish, then after edit as you please

great thanks
can you show me how?
please make it clear - suitable for somebody dumber than you!!!

if i bake it - how do i find what i baked and use it!
dudm qwestun i am shoor!
but i dunno how!

i dont use cycles

for cloth you dont have the option to use the external saved baked simulation like for particles at the moment. I beliefe ;) Thats why I wrote all that things on the other thread.
For particles you can save your bake and use it afterwards without baking and setting start and end time to your needs… Thats not working for clothsims at the moment i beliefe. if i`m completely wrong it would be nice.
What you could try is to create a mesh cache mdd for your flags. Enable the addon “export to mdd”. Then you can use the mesh cache modifiere to use your baked cloth mdd sim and you can set the startpoint and so on.

… maybe i`m a bit stupid but thats maybe how it works at the moment in blender and how i would do it… :slight_smile: cheers

btw… it doesn`t matter if you use cycles or blender internal. it is independend from your renderer.

thanks
i still do not know where to go get what i have baked and what exactly i do with it.