Quick way to select mesh edit modes?

It seems there should be a key combo that allows one to select the mesh edit selection mode - vertex/edge/face…

is there?? :confused:

I can’t seem to find anything and when I try to create some I get a message:

What’s wrong with the menu icons???

There’s nothing ‘wrong’ with menu item, it’s just they are more tedius - slower.

It’s in the wrong section. Shortcuts can be set directly from the selection menu ctrl+tab

Thanks for the help, but I don’t quite understand it. I went to the ‘select’ menu as I understand it and there’s nothing that responds to ctrl+tab. Making the same key combo in the 3d window brings nothing up either. I’m very new to this program so you can assume I’ll not know any number of ‘obvious’ instructions.

I take it by “the wrong section” you’re referring to the user interface and not the forum section.

https://www.screencast.com/t/qpiuB7lfq

Ctrl+Tab while hovering in the 3Dview in edit mode. A popup mesh select mode menu should appear.

-LP

You can also select any/all options by shift-selecting verts/edges/faces on the menu icons. That might be an alternative to speed you up.

Wow, I sure didn’t know that. Thanks much. I just found a default. I wonder if that can be part of a startup file template.

Pilate, you should take a look at WazouPieMenus.
In my opinion that’s the fastest way to go through mesh edit modes.

But that’s just the tip of the iceberg of what he’s done with pie menus. Get it! :slight_smile:

You can alos set your own custom shortcuts to set vertex / edge / face selections modes https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?335088-Creating-custom-keyboard-shortcuts&p=2635040&viewfull=1#post2635040

Pilate, I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic, but i think you are. Tone it down if you are. I only try to help.

I wasn’t being sarcastic. I’m a noob. Perhaps you’re a bit senstive

You can multi-select the toggles in the header and it will save as startup as will any other change you make. Everything is saved to a regular .blend file called startup.blend.

-LP