Match Transforms

Pushing addon-development to a new level with my first addon, I proudly present:
Match Transforms !

It adds some buttons to the Tools/Transform panel that allow you to match the selected objects (singular or plural) tansforms (all or location, rotation, scale) to the active object (last selected).

Available in the github repo: https://github.com/knekke/blender_addons

cheers!

4 Likes

Thanks for the addon. Is it possible to add match property such as Material & modifier?

Definitely possible and already implemented in another addon
I just wanted the buttons :slight_smile:

Thanks for the link; it will be nicer to have a button for it.

Very nice and useful addon… thanks!

Glad you like it. I’d rather like to pick the object that I want to match like in Softimage, but it seems that isn’t possible.
But thinking about it… probably I should just remove the active object from the selection after the operation is done.

Thank you very very much!

Very useful actually, so far I had to add Copy Rotation/Copy Location constraints, apply Visual Transform to object(s) and delete constraints, and on complex scenes it can be very time-consuming and annoying; now it’s a breeze!

paolo

Glad you like it! It’s a feature I was using everyday in Softimage, and I found it quite strange that it wasn’t easily accessible in other softwarepackages…

Indeed, I also need these functions daily.

If I may advance a suggestion, I’m still missing the ability to match objects loc/rot to bones of armatures.

Thanks again,
paolo

This add-on is extremely important in my workflow. Will you update it to 2.8? I’d love it. Thank you!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sure, initially I was hoping 2.8 has something like this built in, and then I forgot about it… I will look at it the coming days.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot! Excited for it!!! If you need a beta tester please let me know. <3

So it seems there is a builtin Addon “Copy Attributes Menu” that you can enable and that should do the trick.
I just took a quick look and didn’t have an idea where and how I would put the buttons for my addon in 2.8. Any suggestions are welcome…

Most add-ons use the main toolbar now, on the “Active Tool and Workspace settings” tab… They should add your “match all” option, which is really useful. :slight_smile:

Is it possible to make such options for armature bones in pose mode?

I have an updated version on github now: https://github.com/knekke/blender_addons

I’m really not into the new API yet, so the buttons show up in all modes. If someone knows how to have them visible in object-mode only, let me know…

@CYNIC78 I guess it is possible, but I won’t do it unless I need it.

1 Like

Is it possible to match modifier BUT BUT BUT as instance ? Meaning if say I reduce the subdivision in one of the object then the other one with the same modifier applied by your add-on also have its subdivision changed as well ?

You want linked/cloned modifiers…? That is something completely different than what this addon does.

It’s ok, I just want to say THANK YOU for this :smiley:

You are welcome! :slightly_smiling_face: