New free Blender render farm

There is opened new free Blender render farm for open projects:
https://tiny3drenders.ru
For the beginning there are rendered all demo files from Blender site.
The power of the farm is not big: 1 CPU and 1 GPU. You can click on any project and on task to see CPU/GPU render time and evaluate the power.

1 CPU and 1 GPU is not a farm.

also, personally speaking, .ru websites are a “no way” for me.

Is there any other reason then being xenophobic?

Render time for the BMW benchmark states - CPU Time: 00:09:18

Is that nine minutes ?

> Render time for the BMW benchmark states - CPU Time: 00:09:18
> Is that nine minutes ?

Thank you for the question. Really there is something wrong with statistic of this task. CPU time can’t be more Real time. And this model must consumes GPU. I will fix it.
Real statistics:
Real time: 2 min 11 seconds
GPU time: 2 min 6 seconds
CPU time: 5 seconds

But why do you call it renderfarm?

it’s just a node or a workstation, but not a farm IMHO, maybe I understood something wrong.

Regarding the .ru domains, is that they are tightly associated to spyware and piracy sites, I know various .ru sites totally legit, but they are known because of that, I don’t think there is any relation between .ru and any kind of xenophobia towards the Russian people.

Cheers.

> But why do you call it renderfarm?
Because there is plan of evolution. I can’t buy 40 servers at once, and while I can’t load even one server. So why I must buy more?

> it’s just a node or a workstation
No, it is exactly not workstation. It is server.

Well… Take a look here: https://www.spamhaus.org/statistics/tlds/

Well, I said a workstation OR a node, but having just one node I don´t fully understand what do you want to test?

Usually the major problem with a renderfarm is in management and network overhead, speed for upload/download the related files or speed to access to the needed files during the render in case they are in a central server or a NAS, but with one node none of that can be tested I think.

Maybe I´m missunderstanding what you understand as a Server, but since you say it has only 1 CPU and 1 GPU, how can you be unable to load it? Just put one animation of around 500 frames with a rendertime of 30 minutes per frame and you will have it fully loaded for several days, unless what you understand as a server are several CPU’s and GPU’s and just for the shake of testing you are giving each user the hability to use 1 CPU and 1 GPU.

In any case, I wish you luck and a rapid growth of the farm, I was just curious about why were you posting this with just one node.

Cheers!

> Usually the major problem with a renderfarm is in management and network overhead, speed for upload/download the related files or speed to access to the needed files during the render in case they are in a central server or a NAS, but with one node none of that can be tested I think.

None of that, but I need for example test my “acceleration” algorithm.

> Just put one animation of around 500 frames with a rendertime of 30 minutes per frame and you will have it fully loaded for several days

Load not for several days, but for years…

>I was just curious about why were you posting this with just one node.

If other free farms with several time of waiting 8 hours can called “farm”, my free node with several time of waiting 0 seconds is the farm especially :slight_smile:

Interesting, and what is the algorithm´s purpose?

Cheers.

> Interesting, and what is the algorithm´s purpose?

If some frame you have repeated more than 10 times, render-farm will try to skip all repeated frames. If 10 frames running matches with some other open (or that more possible with your previous version) project, then render-farm will try copy all repeated frames from previous project.

Aaah! I remember reading something about your idea, is not bad, specially if there is work done in layers, in our case is not very useful because usually the camera is always moving, even when that movement is preeeeeetty low, there is some movement in the camera or in the environment, but for some situations it could be good I assume :slight_smile:

Cheers.

*than

yes there is, so your lame attempt at trying to passive-aggressively insult me doesn’t work.

How would that be: Blendercoin and use a blockchain for P2P rendermanagement.