Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with alignment of eye vertices

I also want to move the whole mesh a little to the left, to match the jaguar's angle. But I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out how to do it, I've used G and R but nothing seems to work, how do I do it?
    And, is doing this important? would it really make my modeling easier and faster? or is the way I'm doing it right now fine?
    Last edited by reptiliantroll; 17-Sep-17 at 22:23.

i have a question, will using images that aren't perfectly aligned be slower and harder? right now I'm modeling my model separate from the reference image, and it seems harder than If I were modeling it on the reference image, but maybe it's only because I'm a newbie in blender and this is my first ever model that I have ever worked on. I just probably have to learn how to model in general.

God this takes so long...

i have a question, will using images that aren't perfectly aligned be slower and harder? by perfectly aligned I mean, for example, a Lion that is facing 100% forward, or 100% to the side. Just look up the definition of the word symmetric, an you'll understand. Right now I'm modeling my model separate from the reference image, and it seems harder than If I were modeling it on the reference image, but maybe it's only because I'm a newbie in blender and this is my first ever model that I have worked on. I probably just have to learn how to model in general, right?
    Should I model over the reference image (it seems hard when the image isn't straight) or just next to it? this is my first time modeling something.

When a reference image isn't symmetrical, modeling on it with a mirror modifier is difficult, simply because the image isn't symmetrical so you'll end up with one side looking good while the other will look horrible. So my theoretical solution is this: I'm modeling an animal face right now, but I'm doing it separately from the reference. Maybe I'll model on the reference and then rotate my model slightly to match the symmetry of the reference image, what do you guys suggest I should do?
    Last edited by reptiliantroll; 20-Sep-17 at 20:55.

Bump, I have tons of questions to be answered.

Bump once again after 3 days of my about 5 questions not being answered, Please I need these questions answered, the sooner they're answered, the sooner my dream of making a game will come true. That's why I got mad a few posts ago.
    Last edited by reptiliantroll; 22-Sep-17 at 21:46.

Another question: Why should I make my models out of quads? I heard someone say it's "easier to control," why?

I guess I'll create a new topic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12