[email protected]:~$  sudo lsmod | grep amdgpu
    amdgpu               1568768  77
    ttm                    94208  1 amdgpu
    drm_kms_helper        151552  1 amdgpu
    drm                   348160  18 amdgpu,ttm,drm_kms_helper
    i2c_algo_bit           16384  1 amdgpu
    mfd_core               16384  1 amdgpu

[email protected]:~$ sudo dpkg -l | grep firmware
    ii   alsa-firmware-loaders                          1.1.3-1                               amd64        ALSA software loaders  for specific  hardware
    ii   amd64-microcode                                3.20160316.3                          amd64        Processor microcode  firmware for AMD CPUs
    ii   bluez-firmware                                 1.2-3                                 all          Firmware for Bluetooth  devices
    ii  firmware-amd-graphics                          20170823-1                            all          Binary firmware for  AMD/ATI graphics chips
    ii   firmware-intel-sound                           20170823-1                            all          Binary firmware for  Intel sound DSPs
    ii  firmware-linux-free                            3.4                                   all          Binary firmware for  various drivers in the  Linux kernel
    ii   firmware-linux-nonfree                         20170823-1                            all          Binary firmware for  various drivers in  the Linux kernel (meta-package)
    ii   firmware-misc-nonfree                          20170823-1                            all          Binary firmware for  various drivers in  the Linux kernel
    ii   firmware-realtek                               20170823-1                            all          Binary firmware for  Realtek wired/wifi/BT  adapters
    ii   ipxe-qemu                                       1.0.0+git-20161027.b991c67-1         all          PXE boot firmware -   ROM images for qemu
    mdri[email protected]:~$

[email protected]:~$ sudo dpkg -l | grep mesa
    ii   glx-alternative-mesa                           0.8.0                                 amd64        allows the selection  of MESA as GLX  provider
    ii   libegl-mesa0:amd64                             17.2.1-1                              amd64        free implementation of  the EGL API --  Mesa vendor library
    ii  libegl1-mesa:amd64                            17.2.1-1                             amd64        transitional dummy package
    ii   libegl1-mesa-dev:amd64                         17.2.1-1                              amd64        free implementation of  the EGL API --  development files
    ii  libegl1-mesa-drivers:amd64                    17.0.0~rc2-1                         amd64        transitional dummy package
    ii   libgl1-mesa-dev:amd64                          17.2.1-1                              amd64        free implementation of  the OpenGL API --  GLX development files
    ii   libgl1-mesa-dri:amd64                          17.2.1-1                              amd64        free implementation of  the OpenGL API --  DRI modules
    ii  libgl1-mesa-glx:amd64                         17.2.1-1                             amd64        transitional dummy package
    ii   libglapi-mesa:amd64                            17.2.1-1                              amd64        free implementation of  the GL API --  shared library
    ii  libgles2-mesa:amd64                           17.2.1-1                             amd64        transitional dummy package
    ii   libgles2-mesa-dev:amd64                        17.2.1-1                              amd64        free implementation of  the OpenGL|ES 2.x  API -- development files
    ii   libglu1-mesa:amd64                             9.0.0-2.1                             amd64        Mesa OpenGL utility  library (GLU)
    ii  libglu1-mesa-dev:amd64                         9.0.0-2.1                             amd64        Mesa OpenGL utility  library -- development  files
    ii   libglx-mesa0:amd64                             17.2.1-1                              amd64        free implementation of  the OpenGL API --  GLX vendor library
    ii   libosmesa6:amd64                               17.2.1-1                              amd64        Mesa Off-screen  rendering extension
    ii  libosmesa6-dev:amd64                           17.2.1-1                              amd64        Mesa Off-screen  rendering extension --  development files
    ii   libwayland-egl1-mesa:amd64                     17.2.1-1                              amd64        implementation of the  Wayland EGL  platform -- runtime
    ii   mesa-common-dev:amd64                          17.2.1-1                              amd64        Developer  documentation for Mesa
    ii   mesa-opencl-icd:amd64                          17.2.1-1                              amd64        free implementation of  the OpenCL API --  ICD runtime
    ii   mesa-utils                                     8.3.0-5                               amd64        Miscellaneous Mesa GL  utilities
    ii  mesa-utils-extra                               8.3.0-5                               amd64        Miscellaneous Mesa  utilies (opengles, egl)
    ii   mesa-va-drivers:amd64                          17.2.1-1                              amd64        Mesa VA-API video  acceleration drivers
    ii   mesa-vdpau-drivers:amd64                       17.2.1-1                              amd64        Mesa VDPAU video  acceleration drivers
    ii  mesa-vulkan-drivers:amd64                     17.2.1-1                             amd64        Mesa Vulkan graphics drivers
    [email protected]:~$

Is it just me or does Filmic not seem to do anything in 2.79? Can anybody confirm this?

Very odd... Just opened same scene I've been using and it works now. Not sure why it wasn't working last night and this morning...

Grabbed Blender Master 2.79 branch.

Built Alembic 1.7.3 and OpenSubDiv and PTex just to test PTex. All against LLVM/Clang 5.0 branch. Built and installed cleanly.

Built Blender 2.79 with those depends and OpenImageIO 1.7 branch in Debian, Boost 1.63 in Debian [need to file a bug request to rebase OIIO against Boost 1.63 instead of 1.62], included FFTW3, all Sims, all modules except OSL/Cycles OpenCL as I don't have a working OpenCL 1.2 stack from Mesa.

Built cleanly, not artifacts to display: smooth as butter. Very responsive.

Building OpenShadingLanguage (OSL) 1.8.10 at the moment is throwing exception issues I need to track down.

No specific compiler flags added, straight generic. Yet the released 2.79 is unstable and painful to use.

Curious if anyone else has built from master with similar results.

Originally Posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
    Grabbed Blender Master 2.79 branch.

Built Alembic 1.7.3 and OpenSubDiv and PTex just to test PTex. All against LLVM/Clang 5.0 branch. Built and installed cleanly.

Built Blender 2.79 with those depends and OpenImageIO 1.7 branch in Debian, Boost 1.63 in Debian [need to file a bug request to rebase OIIO against Boost 1.63 instead of 1.62], included FFTW3, all Sims, all modules except OSL/Cycles OpenCL as I don't have a working OpenCL 1.2 stack from Mesa.

Built cleanly, not artifacts to display: smooth as butter. Very responsive.

Building OpenShadingLanguage (OSL) 1.8.10 at the moment is throwing exception issues I need to track down.

No specific compiler flags added, straight generic. Yet the released 2.79 is unstable and painful to use.

Are you building your own system libraries or are you using the install_deps.sh script?

Originally Posted by Fweeb View Post
    Are you building your own system libraries or are you using the install_deps.sh script?
    The install-deps.sh is ancient, outdated and uses llvm-3.4. It's junk.

I just built OSL 1.8.6 from Debian LLVM/Clang 4.0.1 as right now Gritz hasn't gotten 5.0 stable.

It builds cleanly and installed locally.

But as suspected, OSL is co-dependent in the code on AMD CL stack recognition.

Code:
    /home/mdriftmeyer/Blender/Developer/blender-git/blender/intern/cycles/device/device_opencl.cpp: In function ‘std::__cxx11::string ccl::device_opencl_capabilities()’:
    /home/mdriftmeyer/Blender/Developer/blender-git/blender/intern/cycles/device/device_opencl.cpp:207:65: error: ‘CL_DEVICE_BOARD_NAME_AMD’ was not declared in this scope
        APPEND_DEVICE_STRING_EXTENSION_INFO(device_id, "Board Name", CL_DEVICE_BOARD_NAME_AMD);
    So not OSL until either they decouple that crap in the code and allow non GPGPU code to move forward with OSL or I wait until ROCm isn't a busted POS and gets its stacked rolled upstream, which is the intended goal by AMD.

The building error you are getting is most likely due to a different copy of clew.h being found on the system that doesn't have this define (taken from extern\clew\include\clew.h)

Code:
    #define CL_DEVICE_BOARD_NAME_AMD                    0x4038

Originally Posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
    It's the same for me on Manjaro. Building from source everything is fine; release build has artifacts.
    My Blender Tutorials | look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

Master and 2.79 started separating early august, you can't really compare the two, master has seen many improvements that probably won't ever make it into 2.79/a/b/c/etc . if you want to compare your own 2.79 with the final release build. build the hashes mentioned in the unfortunate named rc2 ahoy email (someone forgot the change the email subject, these are the actual hashes / branch used for the final release.)

I've had the artifact thing for quite awhile. I posted about it back in April---I figured it was just an Arch/Manjaro problem back then. Building from source fixed whatever is causing the issue so I didn't worry about it much.

FWIW 2.8 Eevee doesn't work right either.
    Last edited by xrg; 23-Sep-17 at 01:50.
    My Blender Tutorials | look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

http://www.openjpeg.org/2017/08/10/O...2.2.0-released

OpenJPEG 2.2.0 released

10 August 2017
    Good news everyone !
    OpenJPEG 2.2.0 is released today.
    This new release includes a significant number of improvements and bug fixes. In particular:

• Multi-threading support at decoding side
    • Several speed optimisations both at encoder and decoder, and both on Wavelet Transform and Entropy Coding parts. On our test set, a single-threaded execution is now around 20% faster (encoding or decoding).
    • Huge memory consumption reduction at decoding side (~60% reduction on large images)
    • Several important bug fixes, in particular the one that was preventing OpenJPEG to encode lossless in some specific situations, as well as those related to mode switches (BYPASS/LAZY, RESTART/TERMALL, etc).
    • Several security fixes thanks to the inclusion of OpenJPEG in the Google OSS Fuzz project.

Beside that, several improvements have been brought to the project maintenance, like inclusion of benchmarking scripts to compare speed with latest available kakadu binaries.

And, last but not least, API and ABI are 100% compatible with previous version.

Just tested against master and it needs a lot of changes to the code base, mainly referencing variable names.

OPJ_/opj_ is prepended on all variable names, to more C++11 nomenclature.

Code:
    /home/mdriftmeyer/Blender/Developer/blender-git/blender/source/blender/imbuf/intern/jp2.c:603:28: error: ‘CINEMA4K_24’ undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean ‘OPJ_CINEMA4K_24’?
        parameters->cp_cinema = CINEMA4K_24;
                                ^~~~~~~~~~~
                                OPJ_CINEMA4K_24
    /home/mdriftmeyer/Blender/Developer/blender-git/blender/source/blender/imbuf/intern/jp2.c:606:29: error: ‘CINEMA2K_48’ undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean ‘CINEMA4K_24’?
         parameters->cp_cinema = CINEMA2K_48;
                                 ^~~~~~~~~~~
                                 CINEMA4K_24
    /home/mdriftmeyer/Blender/Developer/blender-git/blender/source/blender/imbuf/intern/jp2.c:609:29: error: ‘CINEMA2K_24’ undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean ‘CINEMA4K_24’?
         parameters->cp_cinema = CINEMA2K_24;
                                 ^~~~~~~~~~~
                                 CINEMA4K_24
    -----------------------------------

I'm sure it's an issue with baselining against new minimum versions, but I think the multi-threading, 60% memory reduction and 20% performance increase in single threaded encode/decode are a no-brainer to make OpenJPEG 2.2 the baseline for JP2000.

To get 60% in memory reduction for large file sizes is eye popping.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345