Coke scene

Would really like some feedback on this…Wanted to incorporate a couple holiday elements to make things more interesting. 50 samples

1 Like

Hi Mir

Had a look at some coke bottles and attached a pic.

Some thoughts:

1. The glass material needs some work, also the glass needs to have some thickness added to it.
  2. Notice how in the ref, the ridges on the glass are more pronounced than yours, this needs to be fixed in your model.
  3. The bottle cap and the glass area around it needs some work.
  4. If you look at a real coke bottle the label has a small amount of transparency.
  5. The colour of the coke for me is not 100% there, but with the light shining through from the back it is difficult to say.
  6. The waster on the bottle is looking nice, just add a little more variation, also you can make some of the drops run in PS/Gimp.
  7. The fur on the hat needs work, Andrew Price has a nice TUT on a Christmas hat.
  8. Add a little roughness/bump to the plastic holder of the light bulbs.

Nice start and looking forward to seeing more.

Regards

Shaun

1 Like

Thanks very much for the reply!

Honestly I don’t think I did any more work to the scene but I did change the lighting. I tried out Pro Lighting studio and I thought the results are already dramatically better! I will take the time and go over your other observations when I have more time.

1 Like

It still looks more like a thick plastic than glass, the liquid is certainly not going to be opaque. But I d love the lighting you’re going with, here, it’s so dramatic. the condensation looks good, but you’d likely have more variation on the droplet size (an almost dewy layer, at least), with streaks in it as the larger ones form and slide down.

Had a little while to blend and here’s an update. and ty for your suggestions

1 Like

Couple updates. Christmas bells and still messing around with materials/background/lighting. MUST see large version. The hat particle system is still being worked on.

I really love where you’re going with this! It’s really coming together. I do miss the full rim lighting you had in your first few images, but I realize that would a bit difficult to manage if you wanted that nice-looking background.