Can't update thread- please help

I’m trying to update my thread because one of the links expired and needs to be changed, but I am getting the following error message:

• The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Can someone explain what is going on? All I’m doing is changing out incorrect information, why is there suddenly a character requirement?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Can you provide a link to the post you’re trying to edit?

Like the CAPTCHA bug, the 10 chat dialogue bug is also a completely random issue. On some threads I can edit posts, but on other threads like this one it’s not possible.

This is on Windows 10 64 bit, using Chrome with no plugins outside of AdBlockPlus (which is disabled for this site).

What happens when you try to edit posts there?

Yeah sorry about the late reply: https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?437961-Dev-team-recruiting-animators-for-Sonic-fangame

My guess is that this relates to the restricted permissions of new members. After you have 10 posts work through the moderation queue, it’s not likely that you’ll run into this issue.

I get a message saying the post has to have 10 characters even though it might have hundreds of them (excluding quotes and markup stuff).

Which specific post in that thread is giving you trouble?