Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I think the new composition looks great and an improvement from where it began. And it began by being really good. Love the figure looking at the guitar. I like that she is not looking away from it. There is no reason for her to be looking at anything else from the story the image is telling.

Don't know where the image is from but it reminds me of my home and places nearby (west Texas). Though I guess any desert would look similar.

Very nice.

Thank you so much! Really glad you like it.
    Yeah, when I play the guitar myself I tend to forget most of the thinks around me, because I am just focussing the the music. - Guess that was the thing I was trying to communicate.

Actually... I have never been to Texas or any desert-looking place for that matter so I don't really know, but I had roads like route 66 in mind when I modelled the terrain.

Hey there, me again! I really like the grass in your scene, how did you create it? I'm currently working on my own grass, but I find it really hard to make it look realistic (https://blenderartists.org/forum/sho...ealistic-grass). I would appreciate it if you could show us how you made it.

Honestly, I think your grass looks more realistic than mine.
    I used a hair particle system with "cycles hair rendering" and a loooooot of children. To control the position of the tufts of grass I used the weight paint tool and chose the weight paint map in both "Density" and "Length" under "Vertex Groups".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blender_2017-11-14_18-02-39.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	505189

Name:	blender_2017-11-14_18-16-16.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	552.7 KB 
ID:	505191
    Weight paint

The material for the strands is a diffuse and translucent shader added together with a grass texture as input. To add some more variation I added two hue/sat/val nodes and a noise map to control how much influence the hue/sat/val nodes had on certain pixels of the texture.

Name:	blender_2017-11-14_18-04-08.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	505190
    The color input for both the diffuse and translucent shader

Thank you so much for the advice!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12