Eevee test - OpenGL renders very different from the viewport.

Hello everyone, I was testing the new Blender 2.80 Eevee on a interior scene and I, found out that the OpenGL renders are very different from what I am seeing on the viewport (the viewport is much better for the reflections and lightning)

Here is one screenshot and the “render” image:

I know everything is very experimental and unstable, but I wonder if anyone have an idea how to solve this.
I also made a small animation to test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfGIeYwky-s

Does setting your Color Management to Default/sRGB change anything? It looks to me like the log transform is being applied to the image.

I tried all the Color Managers configurations, even with no Color Management at all, and the “render” gets transformed respectively. I believe the problem is in the light and reflections processing.

I don’t think it’s to do with that. It might be to do with the Eevee tonemapper not being properly setup for GL renders. This should be fixed by the time 2.8 is officially released. If you keep getting this problem no matter what you try, send a bug report to the blender team.

i found this problem too, the viewport seems brighter and higher contrast.
but you can adjust the final image to what you want by Color Management options.

I get the same problem in recent 2.80 release (Sept 27th 2017)
In previous 2.80 version about one month earlier, everything is normal.
The rendered image is way too bright than the viewport one, especially in reflected surfaces.
I use filmic color management.
The difference is more noticeable when using raw color management.

I had the same situation but the problem was trivial. The sun in my-view port was hidden so the objects looked darker. However the rendered image was produced with the SUN light source active which is why the rendered scene looked different. So, hidden lights in the view-port will be rendered unless disabled.

2 Likes